ARE WE RUSHING OUR LAYOUTS?

Join us as we discuss all things scrapbooking.

ARE WE RUSHING OUR LAYOUTS?

Postby KAIRUZ on Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:29 pm

I must confess to being a little concerned when reading Jan edition of CK when I saw the emphasis which seems to be placed on completing a record amount of l/o in record time.

As much as we as scrappers would like to be able to scrap as many l/o as possible, I feel that the joy of our beautiful hobby can be lost if we rush the project. I love to work on a page, filling it with detailand quotes, adding a little more each day until I have a true work of art in the end. Sometimes I look back on a page and cannot believe how much time and trouble I took because there is so much detail on the page.

Am I alone in this train of thought or are there any scrappers out there who also love to work on a page until it is perfect - even if it takes me 3 weeks? I find that as soon as I want to rush a page,it takes the pleasure out of what I consider a therapeutic hobby.

With products being very pricey as well, I feel that the final product should be one of real quality.

Please share your thoughts with me. :)
Thanks Sharon ( SOUTH AFRICA)
KAIRUZ

Re: ARE WE RUSHING OUR LAYOUTS?

Postby AndraHoffman on Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:36 pm

Hi Sharon,
I never go by what magazines or anyone says when it comes to completing layouts or even how to scrap. I do it my own way, my own time. But there are times when I do need to rush my work, and that's if I working on a project for someone else, or it is a last minute creation.
To me, if my creation doesn't have the *IT* factor, then it's not complete, nor will it be until I feel the *IT* is there.
AndraHoffman

Postby readmorebooks on Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:35 am

Hi, Sharon,
I think the magazines have cycles of things and probably they are responding to "I don't have time to scrap" people. I'm a slow scrapper and wish it went a little quicker, but I enjoy the process, so I'm not complaining.
Charlene in Ohio.
readmorebooks

Postby PictureJunkie on Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:23 pm

A-men sister! I take forever too!
Most pages I take forever, but sometimes I get in the mood to pump out a bunch. As much as I try to go fast- it's just not my nature. Perfection, balance and details always hang me up. I rearrange, swap out and contemplate waaaay too much! I enjoy every minute though!!!!
PictureJunkie

Postby pink_candy13 on Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:17 pm

i agree,

I dont enjoy rushing through my layouts but depending on how much feeling I hve towards the event some I just want to 'get done' I like more complex layouts with detail as well... it could be them trying to increase product sales... but who knows!!

All I know is I will complete as many layouts as I see fit and enjoy every minute of it =)

Happy scrapin ;)
<3 Nicole...
pink_candy13

Postby lstone on Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:06 pm

Usually when completing an album of an event, I alternate between the two. If I have a bunch of pictures (which I usually do) I will scrap a bunch of them in a quick simple style with just a few little extra touches. Then I set aside my favorite photos or favorite memories of the event and spend more time scrapping them. Taking my time and creating that extra special layout with a lot of detail and artistic extras. I find this works really well for me. It allows me to be creative and to also get a lot done. I don't feel rushed and enjoy my scrapping very much.

~ Lee
lstone

Return to Scrapbooking & NSBR